· Men fart an average of 17 times a day, and women fart an average of 9 times a day.
· If you fart constantly for 6 years, 9 months and 23 days you would produce enough gas to explode an atomic bomb.
· The longest ever penis recorded by scientists is 13.5 inches.
· Humans are only second to cats for having the dirtiest mouths.
· It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle.
· Beard hair grows at twice its usual rate when you’re in a plane.
· Around 15 men each year have their penises chopped off by their wives and the highest proportion of men who suffer this are Italians.
· You use more calories eating celery than there are in celery itself.
· More than 2,500 left handed people are killed every year from using right handed products.
· Semen is one of the most fattening substances known to man.
· An average of 76 people a year die playing twister, and about 23 of which are through playing the nude version!
· Linda McCartney has sold more vegetarian ready made meals than Paul has sold records.
· In the course of the 18 year run of Cats on broadway, 3,247 lbs of yak hair was used for wigs.
· The shortest war in history was between England and Zanzibar in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
· 65 people become millionaires every day.
· The average human will eat one pound of insects in their lifetime.
· You are more likely to be killed by a rogue champagne cork than a poisonous spider.
· By the time a person is 18, they would have spent 12,000 hours in school, but 14,000 hours watching television.
· Woman blink nearly twice as much as men.
· Humans share one third of their DNA with lettuce!
· You could comfortably fit the entire population of the planet into a cube with sides 1km long.
· Approximately 69% of all Internet content consists of pornographic material.
· Porn sites generated $970 million in revenue in 1999.
· Charlie Chaplin once came third in a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like competition.
· Every 20 minutes a hapless person treads on a land mine.
· The average adult falls asleep seven minutes after turning out the light.
· 6,000 new computer viruses are released every month.
· Over one trillion matches were being produced every year at the beginning of the last century.
· Elvis Presley had a twin brother.
· Zeuxis a Greek painter in the 5th Centrury BC laughed himself to death while looking at one of his paintings.
· A Roman leap year had the same number of days as ordinary years but January 23rd lasted for 48 hours.
· After being decapitated a human can still see for 20 seconds! (Not sure how ‘they’ worked this one out!).
· Under EC law it is legal to have sex with inflatable dolls in the street.
· Winners at the 2001 Ig-Nobel Prize ceremony for eccentric researchers, inventors and scientists include an American who claims to have invented anti-flatulence underwear, a Lithuanian who set up a theme park dedicated to Stalin, and two Indians who discovered that nose-picking is commonplace.
· Right-handed people live on average, 9 years longer than left-handed people.
· Human stomachs produce a new layer of mucus every 2 weeks to stop it digesting itself.
· Humans are the only animals to sleep on their backs.
· More boys than girls are born during the day, but more girls are born at night.
· Julio Iglesias once had five gallons of water flown from Miami to L.A. so he could wash his hair.
· Clark Gable was listed on his birth certificate as a girl.
· Johnny Vaughan was born at the precise moment that England scored the winning goal in the 1966 World Cup final.
· Bernard Manning did his National Service in the Military Police and one of his duties was guarding Albert Speer and Rudolf Hess in Spandau.
· Elvis Presley’s hip-wiggling started out as a stage fright. He was so nervous, that his legs would shake.
· John Lennon shoplifted in Holland the harmonica he used on Love Me Do.
· Mel Gibson broke the school record for the most strappings in a week – 27.
· Tom Cruise and Robbie Williams were both voted least Likely To Succeed at school.
· Sir Winston Churchill smoked an estimated 300,000 cigars in his lifetime.
· Michelangelo’s cook was illiterate, so he drew her a shopping list, which today is priceless.
· The architect who built the Kremlin had his eyes gouged our by Ivan The Terrible so that he would never be able to design another building like it.
· Pirates wore earrings because they believed it improved their eyesight.
· Cher’s parents married and divorced each other three times.
· Mike Myers (a.k.a. Austin Powers) is descended from William Wordsworth.
· If you shouted for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
· Volleyball is the most popular sport at nudist camps.
· Banging your head against a wall uses a 150 calories an hour.
· On average, a drop of Heinz tomato ketchup leaves the bottle at a speed of 25 miles per year!
· If you mouth the word “colorful” to someone, it looks like you are saying “I love you”.
· The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is “uncopyrightable”.