· The fastest service in a restaurant in the world is 13 seconds from the order to the food on the table.
· Wayne Static (from staticX) uses glue to stick his hair up.
· The letter combination ‘ough’ can be pronounced in nine different ways.
· Every time you lick a stamp you consume one tengh of a calorie.
· Permanent marker is not actually permanent.
· The shortest poem ever goes ‘Adam, hae’em’.
· To convert millinches to micrometers you must times by 25.4
· There is an average of 3000 ft. of electrical wiring in every car.
· During the battle for Stalingrad, the German army lost more men attacking a single house defended by sergeant Pavlov’s platoon than it did occupying Paris three years later. Pavlov survived the war and became a monk.
· Tommy Lee Jones and Al Gore were freshman roomates at Harvard.
· Kermit the Frog is left handed.
· There is a city called Rome on every continent.
· The Earth is hit by lightning 100 times a second.
· Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using only the letters on the top row of the keyboard.
· “Facetious” and “abstemious” are the only words that contain all the vowels in the correct order.
· “Adcomsubordcomphibspac” is the longest acronym. It is a Navy term standing for Administrative Command, Amphibious Forces, Pacific Fleet Subordinate Command.
· “Almost” is the longest commonly used word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
· “Flushable” toilets were in use in ancient Rome.
· “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson was the first video to air on MTV by a black artist.
· “Canada” is an Indian word meaning “Big Village”.
· “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
· “Duff” is the decaying organic matter found on a forest floor.
· “Fickleheaded” and “fiddledeedee” are the longest words consisting only of letters in the first half of the alphabet.
· “Asthma” and “isthmi” are the only six-letter words that begin and end with a vowel and have no other vowels between.