Practicing hand mudra positions can help improve your wellbeing, fitness and strength immensely. Mudras are powerful centres of energy. The regular practice of these hand mudra positions can result in wonderous health benefits and a strong body.
1. Gyan Mudra (Mudra of Knowledge): This hand mudra requires you to touch the tip of your thumb to the tip of your index finger, with the other three fingers stretched out. This hand mudra helps enhance your knowledge. The tip of the thumb connects to the centers of the pituitary and endocrine glands. When we press these centers with our index finger, the two glands get stimulated and work actively to increase and retain knowledge. There is no particular time duration to practice this hand mudra. It can be done sitting, standing or lying on bed at whatever time and place you wish.
– Increases memory power and sharpens the brain
– Enhances concentration and prevents Insomnia
– Regular practice ensures the cure of psychological disorders such as hysteria, anger, depression and other mental problems.
2. Prithvi Mudra (Mudra of Earth): This hand mudra requires you to touch the tip of the ring finger with the tip of the thumb, while stretching out the other three fingers. It is known to reduce all physical weakness and can be practiced at any time, place or duration.
– It helps to increase the weight of weak people.
– It improves the complexion of skin by making it glow.
– It makes the body healthy and active.
3. Varuna Mudra (Mudra of Water): Touch the tip of the little finger with the tip of thumb, with the other three fingers stretched out to practice this hand mudra. Regular practice of this hand mudra balances the water content in your body and prevents diseases that occur due to lack of water from happening. Varuna Mudra has no specific time duration and can be practiced at one’s leisure.
– It helps retain the clarity in blood by balancing the water content in your body.
– Prevents the pain of diseases such as gastroenteritis and muscle shrinkage.
4. Vayu Mudra (Mudra of Air): This hand mudra requires you to keep the index finger on the base of the thumb and the thumb pressing over the bent index finger. The other three fingers should be held straight. The Vayu Mudra helps prevent all illnesses that occur due to imbalances prevalent in the air. The practice of this mudra for 45 minutes daily reduces the severity of the disease in 12 to 24 hours. It should be continously practiced for two months for better results.
– It cures diseases of old age such as rheumatism, arthritis, gout, parkinson’s disease and paralysis without the use of any medicine.
– It is useful for Cervical Spondilytis, paralysis to face and catching of nerve in neck.
– It helps get rid of the disorder of gas in the stomach.
5. Shunya Mudra (Mudra of Emptiness): This hand mudra requires you to keep the middle finger at the mount of Venus and press it with your thumb. The Shunya Mudra helps reduce the dullness in our body. It should be practiced for around 40 to 60 minutes daily until you are cured from the disease.
– It relieves an earache within 4 or 5 minutes.
– It is useful for deaf and mentally challenged people who were not born with the condition.
6. Surya Mudra (Mudra of Sun): This hand mudra for better health requires you to bend the ring finger and press it with your thumb. The main specialty of the Surya Mudra is that it sharpens the center in your thyroid gland. It should be practices twice a day for around 5 to 15 minutes.
– It brings down cholesterol in your body and helps in reducing weight.
– It decreases anxiety.
– It corrects indigestion problems.
7. Prana Mudra (Mudra of Life): The practice of this hand mudra requires you to bend the ring finger and little finger and touch the tip of your thumb with their tips, while keeping the remaining two fingers stretched out. This mudra is special as it is the mudra of life. The Prana Mudra is known to make weak people become strong. It decreases the clamps in blood vessels and helps make you more active. It can be practiced at any time for any duration.
– It helps immunity get better.
– It increases the power of eyes and brings down the incidence of eye related diseases.
– It removes vitamin deficiency and the feeling of fatigue.
8. Apana Mudra (Mudra of Digestion): This hand mudra requires the tips of your middle finger and ring finger to touch the tip of your thumb while the other two fingers are stretched out. The Apana Mudra plays an important role in health and fitness, as it helps regulate the excretory system of our body. It should be practiced daily for around 45 minutes. If you practice this hand mudra position longer, you will benefit more.
– It regulates diabetes.
– It cures constipation and piles.
– It helps in regular excretion of normal waste.
9. Apana Vayu Mudra (Mudra of Heart): In this mudra, the tips of your middle finger and ring finger need to touch the tip of your thumb, while the index finger touches the base of the thumb and the little finger is stretched out. The main speciality of the Heart mudra position is that it benefits your heart. It works like an injection to reduce the effects of a heart attack and is just as strong as a sorbitate tablet. It also helps in bringing down the gas content in your body. The Apana Vayu Mudra should be practiced as many times as you can. Heart patients and people with blood pressure problems may practice it for 15 minutes twice a day for better results.
– It strengthens the heart and regularizes palpitation.
– It regulates the excretory system.
– It reduces gastric trouble.
10. Linga Mudra (Mudra of Heat): This hand mudra requires one to interlock the fingers of both hands and keep the thumb of the left hand vertically straight. This thumb needs to be encircled with the thumb and index finger of the right hand. The Linga mudra helps generate heat in our body. In addition to practicing this hand position, one may also have milk, ghee, more water and fruit juices to reap extra health benefits. It can be practiced at any time and place. Practicing this hand mudra for a long time produces a large amount of heat in the body and may also cause sweating in winter.
– It stops the production of phlegm and gives power to lungs.
– It cures severe cold and bronchial infections.
– It invigorates and strenghtens the body.
These 10 hand mudra positions greatly benefit health and physical fitness of the body, without the use of expensive modern medicines. It is amazing but true. If you want to see the results, try these hand mudra positions today!