Death has always presented a certain fascination over the human mind and its importance was celebrated by creating amazing burial places for those that passed away.
The need to remember them has led to impressive buildings, architectural masterpieces and works of art which withstood the course of history and became symbols of the world’s culture.
Whether they are impressive buildings, fields of rocks or amazingly looking gates, the burial grounds of the world take mourning the dead to a high artistic level. No wonder some of them are considered the wonders of the world.
1. The Pyramid of Giza – the oldest
2. Hadrian’s Mausoleum – the daring
3. La Recoleta Cemetery – a slice of fascinating history
4. Forest Lawn Memorial Parks – the cosmopolite
5. St. Peter’s Basilica – the artistic
6. Tomb of Cyrus the Great – the mysterious
7. Green Wood Cemetery – the sculptural artistic
8. Old Jewish Cemetery – the humblest
9. Lenin Mausoleum – the history significant
10. Westminster Abbey – the royal dynasties place of rest
11. Taj Mahal – for the immortal love
12. Pantheon – because the Emperor was equal to the gods
13. The Mausoleum from Halicarnassus – in the beloved memory
14. Grant’s tomb – in the memory of a civil war hero